Introduction of Aluminum Melting Induction Furnace
The aluminum melting induction furnace is widely used in the aluminum industry.
The aluminum melting induction furnace has less aluminum loss than the power frequency furnace; the aluminum melting induction furnace is more efficient than the resistance furnace; the aluminum melting induction furnace can increase the melting rate by increasing the power; the same power the lower melting aluminum induction furnace has less noise and less smoke pollution than the power frequency furnace.
Composition of Aluminum Melting Induction Furnace
The whole set of intermediate frequency power supply frequency 2500HZ, compensation capacitor, furnace body, water-cooled cable, reducer.
Summary of Technical Parameter Configuration of Aluminum Melting Induction Furnace
|Model||Summary of Technical Parameter Configuration of Aluminum Melting Induction Furnace|
Differences between aluminum melting induction furnaces and intermediate frequency iron melting furnace
Aluminum is a non-magnetic material.
During the whole melting process, the magnetic field is very easy to diverge, so the layout of the yoke should be reasonable.
First of all, the area of the yoke must be large enough and as long as possible to ensure that the axial and radial magnetic fields of the inductor have sufficient edges.
If the inductor is a two-section coil (parallel reverse winding), the magnetic flux leakage problem at the middle seam must be considered. Secondly, the inter-turn distance of the inductor should not be too large, preferably 8-12mm.
Aluminum Melting Induction Furnace Lining Selection
Due to the high frequency of the aluminum melting induction furnace, the high vibration frequency of the molten aluminum, coupled with the characteristics of aluminum itself, its penetrability is extremely strong, so the furnace lining is very critical. Special linings for aluminum furnaces should be selected, and generally good linings can be used for more than 300 furnaces.
When aluminum melts, a large eddy current is generated. In the early stage of melting, due to the irregular distribution of the charge, the power supply is subject to strong impact, which is easy to burn out the thyristor.
Therefore, when making an intermediate-frequency power supply, it is necessary to give more consideration to its impact resistance.
Summary of the Advantages of Aluminum Melting Induction Furnace
- Aluminum melting induction furnaces are widely used in the aluminum industry.
- Aluminum melting induction furnace has less loss than industrial frequency furnace melting aluminum;
- Aluminum melting induction furnace is more efficient than a resistance furnace;
- Aluminum melting induction furnace can increase the melting rate by increasing the power;
- Under the same power, the aluminum melting induction furnace has less noise and less smoke and dust pollution than the power frequency furnace.
- It is precise because the intermediate frequency aluminum melting furnace has many advantages and is widely used.
Summary of Energy Loss in Induction Heating Process of Aluminum Melting Induction Furnace
- Heat loss caused by current flowing in the inductor: the loss is taken away by the cooling water. This part of the loss is the main loss of the system, which is related to the structure of the inductor, the physical properties of the charge, and the heating frequency. “Electrical efficiency” is often used to describe this loss. Electrical efficiency is the ratio of the energy transferred to the workpiece being heated to the energy the inductor receives from the power source.
- Heat loss: the loss caused by the heat dissipation of the heated workpiece to the surroundings, which is second only to the loss of the inductor. Commonly used to describe this loss is “thermal efficiency”, which is the ratio of the net heat that heats the workpiece to the total heat that the workpiece receives from the induction coil.
- Transmission loss: The loss caused by the cables and bus bars that supply power from the variable frequency power supply to the load is generally 2% to 7%.
- Transformation loss: The loss of the converter components, filter inductors, commutation inductors, and compensation capacitors in the power cabinet is generally 2% to 5%.
- The efficiency of the intermediate frequency aluminum melting furnace is 62%, the thermal efficiency can reach 75%, the frequency conversion loss is 3%, and the transmission loss is 5%.
Guidelines for Safe Operation of Aluminum Melting Induction Furnace
- Before starting the machine, first check whether the water, gas, and electricity are connected, and then perform the following operations after connection;
- Operators must prepare corresponding insulating shoes, gloves, etc.
- Operators must have corresponding electrical engineering knowledge.
- Before the equipment is overhauled, the power switch must be pulled to confirm that the power supply is disconnected, and then discharge treatment is performed, and then the overhaul plate is hung up, and overhauled again and again. If it is necessary to operate with electricity, more than two people must be present, but it is never allowed to operate with high voltage.
- Before starting the machine, firstly make sure that the waterway is normal and all parts of the equipment are normal before starting the machine.
- Turn on the first filament first, then turn on the second filament after five minutes, and then send high voltage after another five minutes.
- Before sending high voltage, ensure the output adjustment potentiometer is at the minimum position, then send high voltage, and adjust the output voltage to the working voltage.
- After confirming that there is a workpiece, you can press the heating button to make the equipment work, but no-load heating is never allowed.
- If there is an abnormality in the equipment during work, the power supply must be cut off immediately, and the work can be started after the cause is found.
- After the equipment is finished working, first disconnect the heating, then disconnect the high voltage, then turn off the filament and disconnect the power supply.
- After the equipment stops working, you must wait five minutes before disconnecting the water source.
- During the working period of the equipment, if it is necessary to leave temporarily, it must be done. It is not allowed to leave the machine to stop. The machine is still working when no one is there.
Maintenance and Maintenance Guide for Aluminum Melting Induction Furnace
- Correct maintenance and maintenance can ensure that the equipment has good working performance and long service life.
- After each shift, remove water from the equipment: the method is to dry the water droplets with an air gun, and clean up the dust and debris on the work surface to ensure that the equipment is clean and tidy.
- Requirements for water cooling: Water cooling is extremely important for induction heating equipment. Poor water quality will lead to rust and scale inside the equipment and blockage of pipelines, which will directly lead to equipment damage and failure to work normally.
- It is strictly forbidden to heat the coil without water, otherwise, the coil will burn out, and the power supply will also burn out due to no load.
- Recommended cooling water: distilled water—softened water—pure water—filtered tap water
- Cooling water that is strictly prohibited: seawater, salt water, unfiltered river water, and well water.
- Recommended water supply method: closed circulation water supply + water cooling heat exchanger.
- The input voltage is three-phase 380V (three-phase five-wire power supply).
- After the machine is powered on, it is forbidden to touch all input and output connectors of the power supply and transformer to avoid safety accidents.
- When maintaining the equipment, the air switch of the equipment and the external main switch must be turned off to stop the water delivery equipment.
- Avoid placing the equipment in sunlight, rain, humidity, and other environments.
- Equipment maintenance should be carried out by professionals.
- When the door of the control box is not closed, do not turn on the power to avoid safety accidents.
- When the work is completed, turn off the power supply of the control box first, and stop the water supply after 15 minutes to avoid damage to the power supply